Course Title: Teaching English to Mandarin Speakers for Institutions
Every culture and language group has its own set of difficulties when learning English. It can take years for teachers to build a knowledge base of L1 interference problems, so being aware of these problems and their causes is a major advantage when teaching in a new country. In this 10-hour module, teachers will learn the common difficulties native Mandarin speakers face in an English language classroom, as well as techniques and activities to help students overcome these difficulties.
After completing this course, your teachers will:
- Recognize common phonological errors to help improve Mandarin speakers’ pronunciation of English vowels, diphthongs and consonants.
- Offset the problems caused by differences in syntax and morphology between Mandarin Chinese and English.
- Improve students’ abilities to use the proper tense and aspect of English verbs.
- Adapt teaching style and classroom management techniques to better suit the culture of Mandarin-speaking students.
- Receive a Letter of Completion from the University of Toronto Faculty of Education – one of the most prestigious faculties in the world.
The course is 100% online and accessible at any time from any internet-enabled device worldwide; concise, comprehensive and packed with practical teaching strategies for Mandarin speakers; and teachers can complete the course at their own pace, with no deadlines or disruption to daily school schedules.
For more, visit: http://teflonline.teachaway.com/teacher-training/
- Visa Sponsored
- Monthly salary range (USD) $0-500
- Education Level Required Less than High School
- Teaching Qualification TEFL
- Age of students * Kindergarten
- Location na
- Founded 2012
- Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Qualifications offered OTHER
- Other: Specialized training in Teaching English to Mandarin Speakers
- Duration of course Other
- Other 10-hours
- Course type Online
- Course fee (USD) $300
- Other (USD) Special pricing available